Hair Care Tips
- Use a natural bristle brush. This helps to distribute the hair’s natural oils and stimulate the sebaceous gland, which is particularly important for those prone to dandruff.
- Frequent shampooing can dry out hair. Wash hair every other day or less and use a dry shampoo on your off days.
- Monthly trims, even trimming as little as 1/8 of an inch can help to promote growth and shed dead ends. Frequent trims, along with hydrating treatments, can also help to minimize split ends for those who are prone to them.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in lean proteins, fruits, raw vegetables, whole grains and omega-3 fatty acids and drink plenty of water.
- When drying your hair, use minimal heat to avoid damaging the hair. Use your hair dryer on a low setting and minimize use of flat irons and curling irons.
- Avoid brushing wet hair as hair is most brittle when wet. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb.